Thursday, November 20, 2008

Robert Probst

I think that students do a lot of the work because they are the one's that have to follow what the teachers want them to do in their assignments. Robert Probst is right about the idea that teachers have us do readings and group discussions, as well as having us construct questions that make us think in depth about the readings that are assigned to us by our instructors. I am fully aware that these questions are suppose to show our knowledge on the subject discussed in the readings. These experiences I have been faced with throughout high school and even middle school. When I got into college I have also experienced what Probst describes as "free writes". During these "free writes" our teachers give us a limited amount of time to reflect on the topic that is presented to us by the teacher. This teaching technique is also a difficult technique that I am sure some students have trouble with. As a student, I have experienced difficult times with "free writes" in college because it is hard for me to keep my thoughts flowing and to even construct a perfectly written paper during these kinds of writes. An average student does do a lot of the work because they have to be present during most all of the instruction, they have to obey what the teacher wants them to do specifically in their assignments, and they have to listen one-hundred percent of the time when the teacher or another student is talking.

No comments: