Saturday, April 26, 2008

Literacy Dig

My grand literarcy digging adventure began at my office while I found a globe.

1) The significance of a globe is for the map of the world to find where we are, where we want to go, and find out where certain books have been published.

I wonder away from my office to my mother's art studio. I find a paint bottle sitting near her painting of a cardinal and a church.

2) The significance of the paint bottle is to know what color it is. The color is white, a color to be mixed with the primary colors to make lighter shades.

I walk away from the painting, and go to my sister's room. On her door is a Happy Bunny poster.

3) The significance for this poster is to show her attitude as a seventeen-year-old. The Happy Bunny makes stupid comments to make people laugh, for example: "I'm perfect. Stop staring," "Teachers are funny when they yell," and "Hey, I threw up in my mouth."

I giggle at the poster, and go back to my office. I spin the globe and watch it turn. I turn to my brother's room. He has a huge display of PlayStation 3 games, and one game I look at is Turok.

4) The significance for this game is the fun of destroying dinosaurs. The game has rules, in the instruction manual to help the player learn the moves of the main characters.

I just don't understand why he likes this game, but he does. I set off to our living room. I turn to our large display of Disney movies, and one stand out is Beauty and the Beast.

5) The significance of this movie is the fun it brought me when I was younger. I watched it many times with my siblings, and I still act the same way when my favorite part comes on (when Luniar and Cogsworth fight, while Belle tries to find her father. Also, I just love when they fight and help each other). I have read the original story to Beauty and the Beast, and (of course) Disney changes everything except the main storyline. I still love this movie though. It reminds me how to be a child again.

Here my journey ends, but there is so much to explore the Cook-Holmes house. Until next time, Explorer Megan Cook is off to find more literary treasures (other than books).

No comments: