Friday, May 9, 2008

Andrew's Literacy Dig

Object #1 Box of Q-tips
I leave it on my cluttered desk with lots of other random items. The reason why I use Q-tips is because I get an especially large amount of wax build up in my ears. (I hope I don't get made fun of in class for this) On the box, it suggests certain uses for them in both writing and pictures. Certain uses are for applying ointments, cleaning a keyboard, and applying something to a baby.

Object #2 Guitar Tuner
I leave it on the top of my filing cabinet next to my guitar. You need to read the labels under each button to know how to turn it on, choose between tuning a guitar or bass, and decide to make a note flatter. I still rely on my tuner, because I never picked up the ability to tune a guitar by ear.

Object #3 My G-Shock watch
I also leave it on top of my filing cabinet because I'm always putting it on when I go out and taking it off when I come in. I've had this watch since I was in the 7th grade and I'm still not fully knowledgeable about all of it's uses. Above the time, the day of the week and the date are abbreviated. There's also a little p next to the time when it's P.M.

Object #4 My ipod
I leave it on my desk so I can easily access it because I listen to it everyday. When I listen to music, I constantly jump around from different bands so I need to read each artist and song rather than if I put on one album and listened to it the whole way through. Often times, I look up the lyrics to a song on the internet. When I want to make sure I really grasp the lyrics, I'll look up words I'm unfamiliar with on dictionary.com. One of my favorite bands, Meg and Dia use a lot of obscure words in their songs. Another one of my favorite bands, Anti-Flag make references to political entities that I'm unfamiliar with that I'll sometimes research.

Object #5 A Plattsburgh State mug
As I mentioned before I keep a lot of random things on my desk because I lack places to put them. Since I was in Plattsburgh on my birthday, my mother ordered me a birthday package from the college store. In addition to the mug I got candy, balloons, and a t-shirt with "Burghy" on it. The mug is grey with red letters. It mentions "A Proud Past" and "A Strong Future"

No comments: