Thursday, May 8, 2008

Laice’s Literacy Dig

Starting at the Front Door…
Object # 1: Post It Note Reading “Don’t forget to turn off the iron, Love Mom”
Overall Significance: This is a note from my mom reminding me to make sure that the iron is off before I leave the house each morning. This note sits on the front door on a daily basis, yet, I still remember to shut the iron off when I use it, however, my mom still refuses to remove the note.

Next is in the Living Room..
Object # 2: My Mom’s Hand Lotion that sits under the coffee table
Overall Significance: This lotion is under my coffee table at all times because my mom is constantly moisturizing her skin. I frequently pick it up to use it, but I also read what kind it is because it changes from time to time. Today when I used it was “Johnson’s soft lotion, 24 HOUR MOISTURIZER”. I laughed when I saw this. I highly doubt that it lasts 24 hours, but I used it anyway.

Next is in the Kitchen…
Object # 3: A Yankee Candle
Overall Significance: Candles are burning in my house more often than not, so the scents change. Today, the scent was called “Honeydew Melon”. I always look to see what type of candle is burning, by picking it up and smelling it and reading the outside label. I also read the bottom labels to see the approximate burn time because it is usually different for different size candles and even different brands.

Next is in The Office…
Object # 4: My Computer!
Overall Significance: I use my computer every day, I’m addicted. I go on myspace, facebook, and all of those fun sites. (Sorry, I’m a college student!) I occasionally use AIM, but seemingly, facebook and myspace have taken that over, or I’m just getting too old. I also use my computer for school work. I read articles, E-mails, and so on.

Next is in my Bedroom…
Object # 5: “In Loving Memory Card”
Overall Significance: On my mirror sits a wallet size “In Loving Memory Card” that has my grandmother’s name on it, along with a prayer. I got this card about ten years ago when she died. It has hung on my mirror ever since. This little card reminds me of my grandmother every day. Every time I look at it as I’m getting ready, it puts a smile on my face.

No comments: