Friday, May 9, 2008

Literacy Dig!

Object #1: Found in my kitchen.
Nutrients label of orange juice.
Significance: Many people are concerned about what nutrients that are taking in. With this handy information label we are able to see through the use of language and percentages how this drink will affect our bodies.

Object #2: Found in my bedroom.
Survivor, Chuck Palahniuk.
Significance: This is an excellent book that through the use of language allows me to develop metal pictures about the situations being described. Through reading this book I am also being introduced to a whole different style of writing.

Object #3: Found in my bedroom.
Canon Rebel 35mm camera.
Significance: I have always enjoyed photography and through the use of taking pictures, I am able to convey feeling and emotion from just looking back on any pictures. Anyone can also take a picture of anything, for example a piece of drift wood, and develop a story from it.

Object #4: Found in my car.
Ipod Nano.
Significance: I first need to start off by reading each label for the artist and song that I want to listen to. Then, while I am listening to music, I am able to utilize my memorization skills to sing along with any artist of my choice.

Object #5: Found in my bedroom.
Computer keyboard.
Significance: This object is actually one of the most important item in my life. It contains the necessary alphabet letters and numbers for me to be able to create a piece of my own writing.

No comments: