Friday, May 9, 2008

Literacy Dig

As soon as we recieved this assignment, I knew exactly what to write about. I really enjoy reading and wouldn't know what to do if my sight ever left me, but sometimes in my house I couldn't see the house work notes my mom leaves my sisters and I. Every morning there is always a new note saying "pick up the kitchen, unload the dishwasher." Or there is a note asking when and where we will all be. I understand she is just being a mom and I'm sure I will aquire her habit of writing notes when I become a mother, but it's very frusterating to read the notes and still hear her ask. The simple solution though is to just do what she asks. I rarely receive little notes saying "clean your room, make your bed." Now I get notes like "pick up milk please, here's money for gas." :) That's always a plus!
Other items in my house that I realize I need to be able to read is labels of food. Even though I'm not allergic to any types of food, I still like to read how many calories or carbs something has in it. My favorite past time or hobby is baking. So I read how to make my cakes and cookies all the time. Without reading where would my family be? Without dessert! That's not good.
Finally, I read signs on the road to school, work, and when I travel. In the summer time I take mini vacations to Burlington, Vermont, Glens Falls, and Albany. I've memorized how to get to each location, but I find myself reading gas signs. These days gas prices are the least bit exciting to read and almost floor your mind. If anything, reading these signs are depressing!

No comments: