Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Literacy Dig

#1
When you first walk into my apartment there is a poster that says "avoid staying home". When i first found the ad in a magazine, my roommate and i thought it was funny and it had a positive message we agreed with. She moved to Alaska and i moved to plattsburgh and i ended up with it. I probably wouldn't have hung it up again but last memorial day she passed away, and the ad is one of several reminders i have of her around my apartment. I think this says i am a sentimental person and that i miss my friend.

#2
On my fridge i have a couple drawings from my boyfriend. One in particular was for our one year anniversary and says "10 reasons why i love nicki". Its cute and sappy and i guess it says im sappy and in love.

#3
Above my kitchen sink i have a copy of the Irish saying "May the wind always be at your back etc". I picked it up at a garage sale a couple of years ago. My family is from Ireland, my grandparents moved here in the 1950's and im proud of my heritage.

#4
In my bedroom i have a poster that says "Breathe" over a picture of a exotic beach. My boyfriends mother gave it to us when we moved up here because we both tend to get stressed over the little things.

#5
In my bathroom, i have attached an "inspirational quote" for my boyfriend who doesnt always wake up on the bright side of the bed. This shows that i care about the people around me and their mental well being.

No comments: