Friday, May 9, 2008

Lindsay's Literacy Dig (creative title, I know)

I guess I'll be somewhat of a copycat and follow the format I've seen everyone in the class use.

Object #1
A unique picture frame that is in the shape of a wheel and spins. There are about 9 slots for a small photo, in which you are supposed to put a picture of one of your friends. When you spin the wheel, there is a circle that remains still in the center which lists adjectives (smart, hero,crazy,unique, cute, sexy, sweet, gorgeous, and shy.) This, I thought, was a cute way of keeping a photo of a friend in sight (although I must admit, there are 3 strangers in the picture frame due to my laziness in printing out some pictures of my friends. Therefore I still am left with the attractive models posing in the small black and white photos.)

Object # 2

Third Eye Blind poster/signed ticket/backstage pass

These all are very valuable objects (not so much monetary value, but moreso sentimental value.) They are by far my favorite band, and I've seen them 7 times live and met them. Seeing the signed ticket, backstage pass, and poster reminds me of how much I love them and their awesome songs/lyrics.

Object # 3

Hanging on my dorm room door handle (which is actually not a functioning door handle, rather you open and close the door using a metal latch above the handle...because that makes a whole lot of sense) is a listing of all the tv channels. Each network is listed and the channel number is given for each one. This is a handy thing to have, seeing as how even after my second year here at Plattsburgh, I have only memorized maybe 3 channels.

Object # 4

Svedka (All natural, as the bottle claims) Raspberry flavored vodka. I guess it gets the job done, but ultimately I think it should've stayed where it was made...in Sweden. This stuff is cheap but it burns.

Object # 5

Ouija Board. It's just for fun....

No comments: