Friday, May 9, 2008

Literacy Dig

Object #1: (Found in my dorm room)
Post Card with an Eiffel Tower, "Paris".
Significance: This post card is posted on my wall along side other European countries which i traveled to, during my study abroad experience. This postcard symbolizes my wonderful trip to Paris, but also the wonderful people i met on my journey. The vibrant colors brings me back to the very hour, second and minute in January I was celebrating new years in Paris.

Object #2: (Found in my dorm room)
Navy Shirt
Significance: This navy blue "Navy" t-shirt hangs on my wall with a Doggy Tag. This shirt is very important to me, ,symbolizing my best friend enlisted in the Navy. Every place my best friends goes during his 5 year listing, he bring me back a souvenir, and this t-shirt was one of them.. This t-shirt is a daily reminder of the war, but also the value of our friendship.

Object #3: My bathroom
The Stall Street Journal
Significance: This is a silly newsletter that is posted in every bathroom on campus, brought to you by hall counsel. This newsletter is specifically posted behind each bathroom stall door, so that bathroom uses can keep informed throughout the week on weather, campus events and little silly riddles.. anytime I use the bathroom I laugh, because its comical..

Object #4: My dorm room
Young Person's Prayer
Significance: I have a bright pink paper posted above my bed on my wall. This paper was given to the class last year, by Father McGuiness, my past Honors Seminar Professor. This prayer is my daily reminder about the many blessings and gifts of life as well as gifts that are found in people whom i am surrounded by. I daily read a line and recite this when i forget to pray. This paper has religious significance to me.

Object #5: My room
Certificate of Recognition
Significance: I have been tutoring in the EOP Office for the past three years, assisting students with English Literature. This certificate was given by the department head. Although I have received many awards, this one stand tall in my room. I was the first non-eop student to work for the office since 2005. Since then many eop and non-eop students have worked as tutors. This certificate not only shows appreciating, but also shows my effort and dedication to the EOP family.

No comments: