Friday, November 16, 2007

Andrea Townsend's Lit. Dig

1)Abbie's Post It Notes
-The significance of Abbie's post it notes are that whenever anyone needs to let someone know about something when they aren't there, we all run into Abbie's room the stack of multicolored squares of paper and use those as communication. Whether it be a treadmill appointment, cable money amount that is due, or what kind of beer we want later that night, the post its are a normal source of communication in our house.
2)Instant Messenger
-The significance of instant messenger is that it is the easiest way to communicate with someone or multiple people at one time. Whether it be talking to my older sister, my friends from home, friends here, or classmates with questions, instant messenger is the easiest and fastest way to communicate with another person.
3)Cell Phone
-Either talking or texting, the cell phone is a easy and accessible way to communicate between people. I probably use my phone at least twice a day, not counting texting which occurs commonly, especially if a friend is in class or somewhere when they are not allowed to talk.
4)Card from Grandma
-This card is of important significance for several reasons. It hangs on my wall above my dresser in a little envelope with "Andrea", written in my Grandma's perfect cursive. On the inside is a blue card that she gave me for Christmas last year, along with a beautiful homemade quilt with my favorite colors blue and yellow. This card reminds me of the strong family structure that I have at home, as well the reminder on bad days of the people that mean the most to me.
5)Email
-Email is a daily way that I communicate with various people; professors, my sister, and my old basketball teammate from Japan Yuri, are all common names in my inbox that I enjoy communicating with.

No comments: