Friday, November 16, 2007

Carissa's Literacy Dig

1) Insulin Pump - digital readout

This is essentially my electronic pancreas, and it flashes messages when it alarms to explain what is going on. Without those, I'd be in the dark as to dosages.

2) Christmas lists

I've got the names and objects that have been made for each person in the family, otherwise I'd be completely clueless as to which present is going to each family member. (Thankfully, I'm all done now and everything is wrapped.)

3) Shampoo and Conditioner

If you don't know which one is which, your shower is either going to be a very long process or your hair is going to hate you when you try to dry it.

4) Instant Messages

One of my most used methods of communication, as my best friend is terrified of phones. I usually get a story or two at the end of each day from someone and it's a wonderfully fast way to keep in touch with friends all over the country.

5) Tivo

Between classes, work, and volunteering there isn't much downtime to watch any tv when it originally airs, so taping them and watching them much later is usually the only option I have. Reading through the list gives me a good selection and a way to catch up when I can.

No comments: