Friday, November 16, 2007

Kellie Bolles*Literacy Dig

1. Kickline and Dance awards hanging on my wall stating what I achieved
I haven't really noticed before doing this assignment that I occasionally look up at my desk and read the awards even though i've read them a thousand times. It shows that I am proud of my accomplishments and the fact that I do read them occasionally even though I know what they say, keeps me motivated to keep succeeding in dance and other skills.

2. Disney Princess Calendar hanging on my bedroom wall
I ALWAYS need a calendar in my bedroom because I'm always trying to plan roadtrips, weekend when I can go home, and keeping track of important dates. I would be lost without my calendar! I look it over almost every hour!

3. Magnetic letters scrammbled across the refridgerator and occassionally coming across some words and sentences such as "carl rulz" and "pauper"
The magnetic letters are fun to play with and when we are in the kitchen sometimes we glance at the fridge and see a new word or sentence and it makes us laugh. They also let us know who has been at our house when we see "matt waz here" spelled out.

4. At my house with my family, my mom has pictures and paintings around the house with phrases such as "carpe diem" and "it is what it is"
These short phrases sometimes help me to have a little boost throughout the day. Mom has a big stone "Carpe diem" plate hanging above the sink and when i'm washing the dishes, or simply washing my hands I always notice it and it always makes me feel a little better.

5. Also at my house at home, we have caller ID on the TV screen
Whenever someone calls we don't even have to get up to see who is calling. It makes us use our literacy skills without realizing it because we are reading the upper hand corner of who is calling almost minutely. It also shows that literacy has come along way from no caller ID, to using caller ID, and now having it available on your television screen.

No comments: