Friday, November 16, 2007

Melissa Golio's Literacy Dig

Object #1: A note taped to my wall from my roomate

Significance: My roomate left me a note apologizing for not going to the gym like she said she would. This was a way for her to tell me in a funny way so I wouldn't be upset. I read the note pretty often because it's funny and it reminds her that she still owes me a weekend in the gym like she promised.

Object #2: Two picture frames in my room. One that says Family on it and the other says Friends.

Significance: The picture frames remind me of home. The words are pretty large so they are the first thing you notice when you look at the pictures. So whenever I look at them I always read the words first.

Object #3: My e-mail and cell phone

Significance: I do a lot of communicating via and e-mail and through text messaging. They are easy and efficient ways to talk to people. I always get responses proptley so I am always reading them.

Object #4: Assignment Book and Calendar

Significance: Everything I do, whether it is related to school or not, I write in my assignment book and/or calendar. I look at both everyday and see what I need to do for that day or the days coming up.

Object #5: Dry erase board

Significance: My dry eraase board is located on the outside of my door, so anyone can write or draw whatever they want on it. I always look it over to see what people have written.

No comments: