Thursday, November 15, 2007

Literacy Dig - Travis

The five items that I have selected are:

a) White board- As an RA, I use this whiteboard to post any reminders, updates and answers to any questions that residents have. This works as a great way of communication for if I am not present at the time. Allowing students to write their concerns, I always get back to them in a timely manner.
b.) Email- Using email allows me to keep in contact with not only friends but with teachers. If I have any questions about a topic, email allows me to get a response quickly. Without having to wait for office hours, my concerns can be answered.
c.) Cell phone- using this form of literacy allows me to reach people far away. Easily I can get on the phone and talk to my sister in California. The connection is quite clear with the advances in technology.
d.) IM- When I am bored or just don't feel like talking to certain individuals, I can easily chat with them online. This too allows me to communicate with past college buddies that have moved from the area. Not having to wait for a response via email allows me to strike conversation quickly.
e.) Janitor's log- If there are any concerns from other residents, I takes these up with the custodians of our building. passing these messages on through a log is much easier since our hours do not fall in the same brackets. Here matters can be resolved without having to wait when a convenient time comes up.

No comments: